Thursday 19 April 2012

Day 28 - Copacabana, Lake Titicaca, Bolivia - 15 April 2012

Day 28 – Copacabana, Lake Titicaca, Bolivia – 15 April 2012

This morning I woke up and was not feeling flash at all.  During the night I slept well (apart from when a massive hail storm that went for about half an hour woke me up), but when waking up in the morning, I felt like crap! I lay in bed for an hour or so and then decided to get up and see what I could do for the day.  Ann and I decided to head out for breakfast (since we missed the hostel breakfast because I couldn’t get out of bed), which in hindsight was a great option! Having a cup of tea and water and a small breakfast did me the world of good.  I was still going to drink alot of water throughout the day and take it easy.
After breakfast we went to the Cathedral.  It is Sunday and we managed to sit in on the last ten minutes of mass, although I had no idea what the priest was saying.  When then had a wander around town and had a look at a few of the markets.  We then decided to walk up a hill where you get magnificent views of the lake, islands in the lake and Copacabana town itself.  Our Lonely Planet suggests it takes about half an hour to walk up the hill, we took our time considering my condition and it took us about an hour.  Definitely worth it though as the views were amazing!
We then booked our tickets for tomorrow to head to the Isle de Sol (Island of the Sun).  This is an island in Lake Titicaca.  The return trip, with some other island hopping, cost us Bs30 each (about NZ$5-6). We then went out for dinner with the Swiss couple, and a few other people that they knew (including a couple of Aussies).  Home tonight by 10pm as we have an early morning to catch the ferry to Isle de Sol.

No comments:

Post a Comment