Wednesday 2 May 2012

Day 33 - Cusco, Peru (20 April 2012)

Day 33 - Cusco, Peru (20 April 2012)

The day of the doctor, come on doc, give me some of the good oil to get me better! We head to the doctor and Ann decides not to get checked up as she is feeling alot better now, pretty jealous of her at the moment, she must have only had the 24 hour bug.  Anyway I had to give a sample of my 'number twos', and then had to come back in a couple of hours after the sample had been taken to the lab to get tested.  During this time we went to SAS travel, our travel agent for the Inca Trail, and checked ourselves in.  We also had to pay a small credit card fee to confirm our intentions (always another fee...).  We got told about our tour and about our initial meeting which was to be held the night before the trek.  Not long now!!!  We then walked around the city admiring all of the old buildings and churches.  Then time was up, my results were back.  We went to the doc and he told me I had an Intestine Parasite.  Bloody bug inside of me! I will show him who is boss when I stuff my antibiotics down my throat which the doctor prescribed me.  The only bad thing was I had to be on a bland diet for 3 days (so until the beginning of the Inca Trail).  Good news though, I should be fine to do the Inca Trail (I think I would have done it anyway, Im hoping this will be the highlight of South America).  After the docs we head out to lunch so I can start my bland diet.  Fried rice with vegetables.  Wasnt too bad, and I reckon I got a better meal than Ann in the end (rank looking toasted sandwich).  After lunch we continue with our own personal tour of the city.  Its a very nice city and the buildings are fantastic! Not used to seeing so many old buildings around the place.  We head back to our hostal as it becomes dark, we will wait a wee while until we are hungry and then go out for dinner.  When we arrive back at the hostal there is a note waiting for us from Nico, our Italian friend we met on the 4x4 tour and have seen in Bolivia quite often.  We met up with him for dinner at 8pm, great to catch up with him again.  He is staying at the same hostal as us too so that is good.  We arrange to meet for lunch the following day aswell, at the Irish pub to watch a football game.  Even Ann is quite excited about this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment