Thursday 31 May 2012

Day 65 - Quito, Ecuador (22 May 2012)

Day 65 – Quito, Ecuador (22 May 2012)

That was an interesting night, I managed to get quite a bit of sleep considering my condition but the times when I woke up it wasn’t a nice feeling.  I have had plenty of water overnight, Ann thinks it might be a case of altitude sickness combined with me not having enough water.  During the morning I rest in bed and I start to feel abit better.  By lunchtime we are out and about again.  We catch the metro bus system to old town which is about 20 minutes away on the bus.  We walk into old town and Im not feeling flash again.  I’ll see how I go and battle on through.  We get to the main plaza and have a look around.  This plaza is nice with gardens in the middle and it is surrounded by the Presidents Palace, the Cathedral and other older style buildings.  We walk through the plaza and down a main street to the La Compania de Jesus Church.  This church’s interior is covered in 23 carrot gold, it is everywhere, pretty incredible.  We have a walk around the church and soak it all in.  There is a lot of gold surrounding us at the moment.  After a quick tour here we walk outside and there is a bit of rain around.  This is the moment I call it a day, I couldn’t handle the jandle anymore, I had to get home and rest again, I still was not feeling the greatest.  At this stage I can tell Ann is having a wee tantrum, she wants to continue exploring but I can’t handle it.  I later finally get it out of her that she was indeed having a tantrum at me, she said she is just pissed off that Im not drinking enough water and that is making me sick.  Well sorry!!!!! Next time Ann is sick I will throw a tantrum at her! Anyway enough of that, we got over that sob story pretty quickly, we are back in the area of the hostel and we head to the supermarket to pick up some dinner (and more water, I’m a good boy).  As we are walking back to the hostel I have to stop and have a spit on the side of the road.  Usually you would be embarrassed about this, maybe Ann was as she was standing next to me, but I didn’t care, and I didn’t know anyone around me and if they did offer to help or say something to me I wouldn’t understand them anyway! We continue walking to the hostel, and then park ourselves on the couch for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment